Legal Soccer Betting Guide 2016
Legal online soccer betting gives adults of legal gambling age access to one of the most popular spectator sports in the world, offering immediate availability through smartphones and PCs. The global popularity of soccer derives from its inexpensive and cross-culture playability. A round ball and a friend or two is all that is required for children of rich and poor, from wealthy nations or Third World countries to quickly begin playing. This is why the sport has such age-old and rabid support in many countries like Brazil, England, France, Germany and Spain. And due to the low-scoring nature of the game, soccer betting offers a wagering option not usually seen in legal online sportsbooks only delivering access to the big four major sports.
A Draw or Tie happens more in professional soccer than in any other globally wagered pro sport, and the savvy bettor which can identify a hot underdog can capture significant money line odds by placing the right wager here. The traditional spread, money line and over/under point total bets are also generally offered by your better soccer betting sites, and in some cases futures and proposition bets are available as well. The international FIFA soccer league offers sports fans an opportunity to make a patriotic bet on his own country in events such as betting on the FIFA World Cup, and the UEFA CL (Union of European Football Association Champions League) allows some of the world's most devoted and fanatical soccer fans gambling opportunities on famous and prestigious professional soccer games held in that country.
Loyal soccer fans wishing to place a wager on their beloved Real Madrid, Manchester United or Arsenal squads now have more instant access available than ever before if they wish to place a real money wager on the outcome of a match, but should always check out the soccer betting sites where they play first. Legal licensing in certified jurisdictions should be confirmed before you place your first soccer wager. Betting software and site security should also be investigated, and multiple banking and betting options, not to mention a wide range of attractive betting lines, should be your goal if you are looking for an online soccer betting destination. As industry consultants who have worked hard to earn a respected spot in our industry, we have compiled an extensive review process we apply to all soccer betting websites that we employ before we recommend any online sportsbook. And soccer fans should also demand in this day and age that there is mobile access to their preferred online soccer betting portal.
Current Status Of Online Soccer Betting Legality In The US
Soccer is much more popular in non-American countries, but is still intensely followed in the US. The current status of online soccer betting legality in the United States shows no US supported online sportsbooks allowed to accept banking deposits or wagers from USA soccer fans. However, this does not mean that a United States soccer follower cannot legally place a wager on a soccer game online. As soccer is extremely popular in offshore countries and jurisdictions as well as the UK, Australia and other parts of the world, there are areas which, unlike the United States, support and regulate online gambling. Companies obtain specific licensing in these locales which allows them to deliver online soccer betting options to players located anywhere in the world via the Internet.
Legally, this may still mean that US players cannot use an American banking institution deposit method like a credit card to fund their Internet gambling account. However, the intelligent operators of the more reputable and legitimate online soccer betting sites generally offer several safe and secure banking options for US players who wish to legally open an Internet sportsbook account and place some responsible, adult wagers on soccer contests. These same companies usually offer excellent numbers when they list their lines, sides, money lines and totals on soccer matches, as they understand the loyal nature of the typical soccer fan. To recap, as long as a US citizen sticks to those reputable soccer betting websites which have obtained legal licensing in regulated online gambling jurisdictions, their experience will be dependable, reliable and enjoyable. We have compiled a list of reputable licensed Internet sportsbooks here, many offering attractive deposit bonuses and other player incentives when you open up a real money account. Learn more about your soccer sports betting options in our detailed online sportsbook reviews.
Best USA Sportsbook For Betting On MLS Soccer
If you are an American and enjoy betting on Soccer games, then we highly recommend betting at Bovada. They are by far the most trusted and reputable USA friendly online sportsbook and offer a host of betting options for soccer enthusiasts.
- US Friendly
- Owned And Operated By The Bodog Family (Most Reputable)
- Deposit Easily With Your Credit Card
- 50% Welcome Bonus Up To $250
- Enjoy Sports Betting, Casino, Poker Ect.. All With 1 Account
We mentioned above how important verifying legal licensing is when you are shopping for a soccer betting sportsbook. As sports gamblers ourselves, as well as industry consultants, we know what to look for in a review process that identifies the most legitimate soccer betting sites. Our special investigative process is intensive, and focuses on identifying legal licensing first, then the locating those legitimately registered soccer betting sportsbooks which provide attractive lines and numbers, instant PC and mobile access, a wide range of banking options and a safe, secure and easy to understand user interface. We recommend the brands listed here as reputable soccer betting websites which also offer sportsbook access to other sports betting options. All these sites pay off like a bank when you win fyi.
Legal USA Online Soccer Betting Sites
|50% Max $250||Visit Site Review|
|25% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
|25% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
|15% Max $2,500||Visit Site Review|
|100% Max $250||Visit Site Review|
Soccer Betting Calendar
The following are some of the biggest soccer events in 2016.
FIFA World Cup - Then next world cup starts will be held in Russia in 2018. You can learn more about this event on our page dedicated to legal World Cup betting options.
The UEFA Euro Cup starts June 2016 and will last for 1 month. We just launched our UEFA Euro Cup 2016 Betting Guide for anyone who is interested in placing a bet this year.
Soccer fans can follow European and US leagues for the remainder of the year at any of the premium legal sports betting sites listed above.
Most Popular Soccer Leagues
The following are some of the most popular soccer leagues found throughout the world.
Soccer Betting Rules
For the novice player, here is a short breakdown on the rules of a soccer game as it pertains to wagering in a sportsbook. Please keep in mind that these are general rules and will vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. They are included in this guide to provide bettors with an overview concerning soccer betting rules, and do not constitute any guarantees. We advise that you consult the rules page at any online sportsbook you visit to make sure you have a clear understanding of the rules prior to placing any real money wagers.
1. Sportsbooks will provide a specific length of time for this rule, but most sportsbooks consider a match official for wagering if it has gone between 40 – 90 minutes. Some sports betting sites require the entire 90 minutes, while others set the bar at 40. You will need to check the rules of the website you are at to confirm this.
2. If a venue change or date change occurs, or if a scheduled soccer match is abandoned or postponed by more than 24 hours, all wagers will be considered no action. If a match is abandoned but at least 40 minutes were played, then the outcome will be determined by the end of the match at time of abandonment.
3. Unless specifically noted otherwise, the score that is recorded at the completion of regulation play is what will be use for wagering results. In most cases, extra time played, golden goals scored and penalty shoot outs that occur are not included in the 90 minute play time.
4. Wagers that are placed via moneyline have only three potential outcomes: win, loose or draw. If a match ends in a tie (draw), but you did not select this option in the moneyline, then you will lose the wager.
5. There are specific rules on player props and goal props. For example, a player who does not enter the game until after the first goal is scored is rendered as no action for wagering purposes. If a match is abandoned after a goal has already been scored, all bets that were placed on First Goal and No Goal will stand as active, whereas the wagers placed on Last Goal will be rendered null and refunded accordingly. There are a large number of props bets that can be placed on soccer, and these also will vary by brand. For a complete list of props betting options and the rules which apply to them, you will need to refer to the sportsbook at which you intend to bet at.
6. Soccer sports betting sites afford a Double Chance wager. This is when you bet on 2 of the 3 possible outcomes for the match.
7. For bets that are placed on the Time of First Goal, most sportsbooks use www.flashscore.com to settle the goal time.
8. Concerning bets placed on the Total Corners Line, the actual number of Corners is determined by the total number of corners a team accrues during a designated match. Corners that are retaken are counted as one, and Corners which are awarded but not taken will not count.
9. The Man of the Match wager is determined according to the UEFA.
10. There is also a bet that can be placed predicting which team will win both halves. The winning team will score more goals than their opponent in both halves of the match.