2019 World Series Legal Betting Guide
Once the massive grind of the Major League Baseball season is over and the MLB Playoffs finally begin, a lot of gamblers switch over to America’s pastime for intrigue on the betting boards.
If you’re looking for how to legally bet on the 2019 World Series – especially if it’s your first at bat – then you shouldn’t wait until the seventh inning stretch to learn your way around the bases.
To legally bet on baseball, all you need is a little bit of knowledge about the game and a membership at a real-money offshore World Series betting site. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to understand the basics of US sports betting laws, either. To that end, we’re here to pitch a few pointers your way so you can knock it outta the park!
Is Betting On The World Series Legal In The United States?
Legality comes in two flavors with MLB World Series betting. In the quarter of US states that now offer domestic sports betting, you can use a local online sportsbook service to legally wager on MLB action. However, most baseball fans don’t have convenient domestic betting options yet.
For fans and bettors that don’t have reasonable access to local books, online offshore betting sites are available. These are not explicitly legal to use, but here’s the catch (Yadier Molina style): They’re not illegal to use, either. Because these sportsbooks are located overseas and outside of US legal jurisdiction, they are what’s called “unregulated.” This means that there are no legal penalties for anyone who chooses to wager at such services.
Best USA Sportsbook For Legal World Series Betting
50% Bonus Up To $250
Bovada is considered the #1 sportsbook for US players and is well known for being extremely honest and trustworthy. For baseball bettors specifically, when it comes to betting on the World Series, Bovada offers more lines and odds than most other sites, all delivered through an appealing mobile or desktop portal so you can wager no matter where you are in the US. Bovada gives players a lot more flexibility in terms of the creative bets they can make, and the site operates under the licensed oversight of the internationally renowned Bodog brand.
- US Friendly - Accepts Most States
- Most Reputable Site In The Industry
- Deposit Using Bitcoin Or Credit Cards
- Fast Payouts, On-Time Guaranteed
- Generous 50% Welcome Bonus Up To $250
- Enjoy Sports Betting, Casino Games, Horse Racing, Ect. – all With just 1 Account
- Only US, Mexico, And Brazil Players Accepted
- Excluded US States: NV, NJ, DE, M
Legal USA World Series Betting Sites
At the sites below, you can legally access online sports betting action 24/7. This includes World Series futures and props bets, as well as wagering action on the Major League Baseball regular season and playoffs (as well as every other sport and playoff tourney you can think of).
All of these top MLB betting sites deliver excellent welcome bonuses and frequent player rewards, full live betting and mobile betting options for iPhone and Android, and are legitimate, licensed operators or are owned and operated by certified in multiple international jurisdictions.
Current 2019 World Series Betting Odds
- Houston Astros +210
- Los Angeles Dodgers +275
- New York Yankees +425
- Atlanta Braves +750
- Louis Cardinals +1000
- Washington Nationals +1500
- Minnesota Twins +1600
- Oakland Athletics +1600
- Milwaukee Brewers +2200
- Tampa Bay Rays +2500
Basic Information For 2019 World Series
- When is the 2019 World Series? It is scheduled to take place from Tuesday, October 22, through Wednesday, October 30 (barring rainouts or other unforeseen schedule delays).
- Where is the 2019 World Series? Since the games are contested at the home parks for the teams actually playing in the championship, we won’t know the site of the 2019 WS until the two finalists are established.
- Which teams are playing in the 2019 World Series? It’s too early to tell, but the favorites to make the World Series are the Houston Astros, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Yankees, and Atlanta Braves. Any of the 10 teams to make the playoffs have a chance to go all the way, of course.
- Which team will have home-field advantage? This year, home-field advantage will go to the team with the better regular-season record. In past years, AL/NL home-field advantage was determined by the winner of the MLB All-Star Game.
- Which TV channel is carrying the 2019 World Series? In 2019, the games will be broadcast on FOX, with Hall of Famer John Smoltz handling the color commentary.
- Can I stream the 2019 World Series? If you have the FOX package on your streaming service of choice (i.e. Hulu, DirecTV, Sling TV, Playstation Vue, etc.), then you can stream all of the games.
- Who is the defending World Series champion? The defending World Series champions are the Boston Red Sox, who failed to make the playoffs this year.
Types Of World Series Bets Available
When you’re legally betting on baseball, you have a huge lineup of different wager types to choose from. These include run lines (aka point spreads), straight moneyline bets, over/under bets, player props, team props, game props, broadcast props, specials, futures, and more.
You will also be able to assemble multi-bet and multi-game parlay tickets, and live betting options will add hundreds of wagers to each game on top of all the other available action. Like a 3-0 gopher getting blasted the other way, legal WS betting is incredibly deep.
Will US-Regulated World Series Betting Ever Be Available In All 50 States?
Probably not. That said, state regulated sportsbooks are up and running in more than a dozen states, and many more are scheduled to pass the requisite laws to participate in legal sports betting in the near future. That said, there are sure to be some holdouts.
For example, it is extremely unlikely that Utah will ever legalize any form of gambling until the state’s political structure goes through a fundamental change. The same is true for Hawaii. Still, most analysts expect residents of 40-45 states to be able to legally bet on the World Series through domestic options within the next three years or so.
States Where You Can Legally Bet On The World Series Online Without Breaking Any Laws
In the states listed below, it is not illegal to wager on World Series action over the Internet. That said, there are two US states where are online gambling is considered expressly unlawful: Connecticut and Washington.
However, even in these states, the law seems to be completely unenforced, and we’ve never read or heard about any CT or WA resident being fined or arrested for betting on the sports online. Still, if you live in the two aforementioned states, you must proceed with caution and at your own risk.
|Delaware||Massachusetts||North Carolina||West Virginia|