Using Venmo For Legal Online Gambling
One of the ways that the best online casinos, poker rooms, and sportsbooks are expanding their deposit options is via gambling vouchers and MatchPay. These allow players at a given site to buy and sell account balances among one another using otherwise unsupported person-to-person (P2P) transfer options like Venmo.
Before the voucher and MatchPay systems, of course, using Venmo for legal online betting was an impossibility, as all the most reputable gambling sites are located overseas. Since Venmo is US-only, that made things difficult.
However, since several top sites started implementing vouchers and supporting the MatchPay service, Venmo online casinos, Venmo poker rooms, and Venmo sports betting sites are finally easily accessible to millions of new American gamblers. If you want to take full advantage of fast deposits and same-day withdrawal casinos, Venmo online gambling is a winning wager!
Is It Legal To Use Venmo For Online Bet Funding?
Yes! US customers aged 18 and up are welcome at the best international betting sites, and they are free to use the Venmo instant pay option for making deposits and withdrawals. These deposits use voucher systems or MatchPay to facilitate private person-to-person transfers, so if you know how to pay someone on Venmo, you can safely and legally initiate purchases and sales of betting accounts with other players using the platform.
In Washington, it is nominally against the law to gamble online, but the best online Venmo betting sites accept members from WA. But while there’s no record of these laws ever being enforced, if you live in WA, you are advised to abide by all local gambling laws and bet online only at your own risk.
Best Online Gambling Site That Accepts Venmo
Real Time Gaming + Rival
Bet With Venmo Using Bovada Vouchers!
Of all the best gambling sites that accept Venmo, Bovada LV is our go-to when we want to access every market under a single roof. Bovada offers a world-class RNG and live dealer casino, an international sportsbook with live betting options, a huge online poker room with daily big-money tournaments, and a racebook featuring odds from Thoroughbred tracks all around the world.
To use Venmo at Bovada, you must employ the popular P2P service with Bovada Vouchers, Bovada Player Transfers, or Bovada MatchPay. These allow site members at Bovada to buy account balances from and sell account balances to each other. And because Venmo is so widely used, it’s one of the most common ways to trade balances this way.
You can find MatchPay at the Bovada Cashier, and Bovada Vouchers are for sale through the Bovada Community message board. And if you’re selling, Venmo support means you can often claim fee-free same-day payouts, too!
Operates from the legal gaming district of Costa Rica
US-friendly deposit options including Bovada Vouchers, MatchPay, and Venmo
Fast, guaranteed online gambling payouts
Valuable online betting bonuses for all markets + fair rollover requirements
Mobile suite for seamless iPhone betting + Android betting
One account for casino games, sports betting, poker, and horse racing betting
USA only – No international players allowed
Excluded states: DE, MD, NJ, NV, NY
How Does Venmo Work For Online Gambling?
If you’ve ever used a P2P service like PayPal or Cash App, you’ll know exactly how Venmo works. That said, when it comes to how to use Venmo at online betting sites specifically, the process is slightly different than what you’re used to, as there are a few extra steps.
(We won’t cover the service basics like how to set up a Venmo account, how to add money to Venmo, or how to apply for a Venmo credit card, as these are covered at Venmo.com and explained during the Venmo sign-up process).
The overall procedure is largely the same for deposits and withdrawals, which are both outlined below.
Venmo Gambling Deposits
Once you know how to send money on Venmo, the online betting deposit process is a piece of cake. Just follow any link on this page to a trusted Venmo gambling site to get started. From there, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Click or tap on your Venmo betting site’s “Join” or “Sign Up” button.
- Enter in all your user data. The best online betting operators all use state-of-the-art encryption and never sell or share your private information. Please do not use a VPN when gambling online.
- Skip the deposit option for now and finalize your account creation.
- For vouchers/player transfers, head over to your site’s community page and search for a gambling voucher or player transfer for sale. (You may also find these on external site forums, such as corresponding subreddits, though this is recommended only if you know and trust your voucher seller.)
- Purchase the betting voucher or transfer using your Venmo app.
- Once you receive your gambling voucher code, return to your site’s Cashier page and select the Voucher or Player Transfer deposit option. Enter the code and your account will be credited instantly. At this stage, you may also choose an online gambling bonus for your favorite betting market.
The process for making Venmo deposits with MatchPay is a bit different, and it's currently exclusive to Bovada. To use MatchPay, sign up through your Bovada Cashier page to become a MatchPay Trader. Once that's done, make sure you select Venmo as an accepted P2P app within the MatchPay portal, and return to Bovada.
Then, just choose the MatchPay option, enter in the amount of money you wish to deposit, and MatchPay will find your seller and execute the transaction automatically. MatchPay simply takes the voucher process and makes it more streamlined.
Venmo Gambling Payouts
If you’re already a member at a legal online gambling site that accepts Venmo, you can use the service to claim same-day payouts with no added fees. The process is simple as long as you already have a Venmo account set up.
- For vouchers/transfers, visit your site’s Cashier page and request a gambling voucher payout or player transfer payout. You can request all or part of any eligible account balance.
- You will receive your betting voucher code or player transfer code in your site-linked email within a few hours.
- With your code in hand, post an ad for the voucher/transfer on your site’s community boards or any external site forum. We recommend only using your official site community portal for selling betting vouchers.
- Once a buyer contacts you, give them your associated Venmo address and accept their payment.
- As soon as you receive payment, release the voucher or transfer code to the buyer immediately. All reputable gambling sites have safeguards in place to penalize sellers who do not honor the terms of their voucher sales, so it’s very important to do this promptly.
- You can now move your received payment to your Venmo card balance, deposit it into your linked bank account, or even withdraw cash at various Venmo ATM locations.
To sell all or part of your account balance with MatchPay and claim same-day Venmo betting payouts, you'll have to be a Bovada member. Remember, MatchPay is currently a Bovada-only option. You can sign up to become a MatchPay Trader through the site cashier page.
To claim a MatchPay Venmo payout, just choose the MatchPay option, enter in the amount of money you wish to withdraw, select the Venmo option, and submit your request. MatchPay will automatically find a buyer and conclude the deal on your behalf, and you'll have your cash in hand ASAP.
Note: Venmo will not always yield same-day payouts, as these require buyers to contact you. However, we’ve found that Venmo and other P2P services used in tandem with the voucher/transfer banking method or via MatchPay (Bovada only) are good for same-day withdrawals more than 80 percent of the time. Otherwise, you can only claim same-day payouts with legal Bitcoin betting deposits and other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc.
What Kinds Of Legal Gambling Sites Support Venmo?
- Online Casinos That Accept Venmo – The best Venmo gambling sites all boast legal real-money online casinos featuring 100s of fair iGaming certified RNG (random number generation) games. From online slots and online blackjack to online roulette, baccarat, keno, craps, and more, these digital felts feel just like Vegas – but in the palm of your hand! Venmo casino sites allow for quick gambling voucher deposits, player transfer deposits, or MatchPay deposits, so there’s never any waiting. Online casino Venmo deposits come with standard bonuses and often allow for same-day payouts.
- Online Poker Sites That Accept Venmo – Many of the betting sites that use Venmo also have legal online poker rooms featuring multiplayer tables with pot limits for all kinds of players. You can enjoy Texas Hold ‘Em, Omaha, and Omaha Hi-Lo cash table and tournament play, with the biggest online poker tournaments boasting six-figure final table jackpots!
- Online Sports Betting Sites That Accept Venmo – To make fast deposits for sports betting, Venmo is a winning wager at some of the top online sportsbooks. These operators offer lines on all the major US and international sports, as well as eSports odds, political betting odds, and entertainment odds. Sports betting sites that use Venmo aren’t yet totally commonplace, but we expect many more operators to jump on the sportsbook voucher/MatchPay P2P bandwagon in the near future.
Venmo Gambling Benefits
There are several reasons why so many players prefer Venmo P2P deposits and withdrawals. The biggest reason is simply the convenience of using Venmo, since more than 40 million US residents have active access to the service.
But Venmo betting online is about more than simple convenience, as you can get all these great perks when making gambling deposits and withdrawals with Venmo:
- Convenient Access - Use your existing Venmo account to send and receive money.
- No UIGEA Interference – The UIGEA does not apply to private monetary transfers, so you’ll never be delayed when making a gambling deposit.
- No Extra Fees – You will incur zero added fees for buying or selling betting vouchers or player transfers using Venmo. MatchPay also charges no added fees for deposits or withdrawals.
- Online Gambling Bonuses – When using Venmo, you’re eligible for all standard online gambling bonuses and betting promos.
- Same-Day Payouts – You can claim same-day payouts using Venmo by selling betting vouchers and player transfers or by requesting MatchPay payouts (Bovada only).
Venmo Gambling Drawbacks
While Venmo is one of our favorite deposit and withdrawal methods at all participating online betting sites, it’s not perfect. There are a few drawbacks to using Venmo compared to other legal online gambling banking methods.
That said, the Venmo positives far outweigh the Venmo negatives at the best betting sites, so it remains one of our most recommended banking options for all USA players:
- Limited Site Access – Only a few reputable betting sites accept Venmo transfers at this time, as not all gambling operators currently use P2P-friendly betting vouchers, player transfers, or MatchPay.
- No Enhanced Bonuses – Venmo P2P deposits come with standard casino bonuses, sportsbook bonuses, and poker bonuses. The only way to get bigger bonuses is to deposit with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Requires Coordination With Other Players – Because using Venmo for gambling requires the cooperation of other site members, it may sometimes take a bit longer to find a buyer or seller through the voucher/transfer/MatchPay platforms. For guaranteed rapid transfers, crypto is the best option. You can also use legal Zelle-To-Bitcoin deposits to bypass lengthy crypto exchange wait times if you're a new crypto user.
Venmo Online Gambling FAQs
However, to ensure that you don’t fall victim to any annoying Venmo scams, it’s recommended that when using Venmo for online gambling purposes, you only buy betting vouchers and/or player transfers from official site forums or trusted fellow members offsite.
Venmo deposits are guaranteed, but you may be inconvenienced if you go through unofficial channels.
Bovada members can use MatchPay as a further safeguard, though the limits are lower than those for vouchers and transfers.
Venmo is very safe.
The Venmo P2P service is owned and operated by PayPal, which is the most respected and reputable instant-payment company on the planet.
All Venmo transactions are insured against fraud and unauthorized access.
Yes, but only in some cases, and never for online gambling.
Venmo fees only apply to select retail online purchases, and branded Venmo credit card fees are also in play.
However, when using Venmo to transfer money to a private party, there are no extra surcharges attached. This makes Venmo very attractive for online betting, as you can put more of what you deposit toward your favorite gambling markets.
Keep more and win more with Venmo gambling!
Venmo does not charge fees for service enrollment, and private P2P payments using the service are 100% free.
There is a branded Venmo card option that you can use with your Venmo account.
However, Venmo is not a traditional eWallet like Apple Pay or Google Pay, and you cannot use Venmo credit cards to make reliable online betting deposits, as these have a very high UIGEA rejection rate.
Yes, there are Venmo limits to be aware of.
However, the Venmo transfer limit for your account will typically be higher than the deposit limits supported by the best online gambling sites.
Thus, Venmo limits are a non-issue for the purposes of Internet-based real-money betting.
To learn more about the Venmo daily limit and Venmo weekly limit associated with your particular Venmo account, please consult your Venmo app or the company’s official website.
Yes, but this can be a tedious process.
To learn how to cancel a Venmo payment, your Venmo app has a page dedicated to the process, and you can also contact Venmo customer service for assistance.
To avoid any hassles, please only make Venmo payments to trusted individuals.
No, there is no mechanism to make Venmo international payments. At this time, Venmo is a US-only service.
To contact Venmo customer support, you can call the Venmo phone number at 1-855-812-4430.
Venmo help is available via telephone Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EST).
You can also get Venmo assistance 24/7 using the company’s email contact form, and Venmo live chat services are available seven days a week.
Disclaimer: Venmo does not advocate for or sponsor online gambling in any way. Venmo is a P2P financial services provider and instant-pay service that can be used to safely and securely send money to individuals and vendors over the Internet.