Legal Online Baccarat 2024
If you’re looking for legal online baccarat, you don’t have many domestic options to choose from, as there are only a handful of states with active online casinos. However, anyone in the US can actually play baccarat online for real money by joining a reputable offshore casino site.
Our goal is to provide legal online betting information to prospective baccarat players who are looking for the ultimate in convenience, security, and fair play. Fortunately, all the top offshore casinos we recommend fit the bill, and their reputations are undeniable. These sites support US baccarat players from nearly every state, and playing with these operators is both safe and legal.
To learn more about baccarat and how to play the game over the Internet from the comfort of your own home, read on!
Is Playing Online Baccarat Legal In 2024?
In the US, there are only a few states which currently offer state-sponsored and regulated online gambling. Unfortunately, that means that the majority of Americans cannot access these few US options, as most states are only interested in legalizing online online sports betting with their market expansion initiatives.
However, federal and state US gambling laws do not apply to offshore casino sites, and US gamblers are able to legally access these venues.
Exceptions include those living in the state of Washington, which nominally bars all forms of online gambling. However, these laws are historically unenforced, and WA is home to tens of thousands of online baccarat regulars. Still, please abide by all local laws and proceed only at your own risk if you live in WA.
Best Legal Online Baccarat Sites For 2024
“Banker” isn’t just a hand in baccarat – it’s also an important consideration when you join any offshore gambling site. After all, how you get your money into your account determines how much you can transfer and how soon you can play. While all the top sites take multiple banking options (wire transfers, money orders, credit cards, cashier’s checks, etc.), we recommend using Bitcoin or another supported cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin/altcoin transfers have no added fees, are nearly instantaneous, come with the biggest online casino bonuses, and have 100% reliability ratings. Additionally, crypto is the only same-day payout option at offshore betting sites, but withdrawing in cryptocurrency requires you to first deposit using the stuff. . Other kinds of crypto assets can be purchased at mainstream commercial exchanges (i.e. Coinbase, Bittrex, etc.).
2024's Best Baccarat Apps
The Internet casinos we list here all offer access to their baccarat games from both PC and Mac devices, but they also deliver responsive mobile gaming to your portable devices.
This means that no matter what device you use to play online baccarat, your experience will automatically be formatted to fit the display resolution and screen size of that device. This works for iPhones, Androids, Windows Phone products, and even off-brand phones and tablets. All you need is a modern web browser and an Internet connection!
All that said, bear in mind that you won’t find actual offshore mobile casino apps on the App Store or in Google Play. This is due to Apple and Google corporate policies, but it’s also why the best baccarat sites have gone the extra mile to make their web apps work so well. In fact, with these baccarat web apps, there’s never anything to download or update, so you never have to worry about security patches and the like. All you have to do is whip out your phone, visit your site of choice, log in, and get playing!
Baccarat Live Casino Games
You can play live baccarat online at most of the casino sites listed here. Live games are different from the RNG games you’ll find in the casino, however, as you’ll have a direct audio and video line to a real dealer.
Please note that while many of the video baccarat games at online casinos do allow for free play so you can test your skills, casino games with live dealers is played only for real money. They don’t call the big hand the “Banker” for nothing, after all!
How To Play Baccarat
Learning how to win baccarat games is something that takes gamblers years – if not lifetimes – to master. The first step to winning, of course, is understanding the basics of the game, which we cover below.
The simplicity of the game, combined with the fact that the player has no responsibility other than placing a bet, is well-suited for the Internet. When you play baccarat online, you have no intimidating and distracting casino personnel and players around you, which is one of the downfalls of playing in a physical casino.
Remember, with the legal online baccarat casinos listed here, you can play from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop, any time night or day, whether you have five minutes or a few hours to spare.
Baccarat is simple, but it’s strange. When playing baccarat, cards will be dealt to two hands, the “Player” and the “Banker”. These don’t designate you or the dealer, they’re just what the two hands are called.
You will usually be offered to place a wager between $1 and $500 before the cards are dealt, and traditional baccarat rules are followed. You are allowed to place a bet on the Banker, the Player, or a Tie outcome, with the third option delivering an attractive 9 to 1 payout at most sites.
All other winning bets pay even money, and the hand with the higher score wins when a Tie does not take place. Just as in traditional brick-and-mortar casinos, legal online baccarat offers a highest possible score of 9 for any given hand, with the lowest score being 0. Each round of Baccarat is called a “coup”, and they’re scored like this:
- Value of Baccarat Hands: In Baccarat, cards are worth their face values, i.e. 2-9. The 10, Jack, Queen, and King are worth 0 points. Aces are worth 1 point. Hands are valued by adding up the two cards dealt. A hand consisting of an Ace and a three would be worth 4 points. A hand with a 5 and an 8, however, is worth 3 points (adding the sum, 13, and using the last digit as the value if the sum goes over 9). The highest baccarat hand is 9. If an initial draw totals 8 or 9, that is called a “natural,” and the highest hand wins. If both hands equal 8 or 9, the game is also over, ending in a Tie.
- Tableau Rule: If neither the Player nor Banker is dealt a total of 8 or 9 via the first two cards, the “tableau” (table) is consulted, meaning a third card may be drawn. The Player hand draws first, then the Banker’s (maybe – see below).
- Player’s Rule: If the Player has an initial two-card total of 0-5, they must draw a third card. With an initial two-card total of 6-7, they must stand.
- Banker’s Rule: If the Player stands, the Banker rules are the same as the Player rules regarding the drawing of a third card, with the highest hand winning. If the Player draws a third card, the Banker goes on to a number of different possible plays, with their two-card draw determining whether they stand or draw a third card of their own. The options are as follows, based on the Banker’s initial two-card draw and the Player’s third card:
- 0-2: Banker draws a third card
- 3: Banker draws a third card unless Player’s third card is an 8
- 4: Banker draws a third card if Player’s third card is a 2,3,4,5,6, or 7
- 5: Banker draws a third card if Player’s third card is a 4,5,6, or 7
- 6: Banker draws a third card if Player’s third card is a 6 or 7
- 7: Banker stands
A Brief History On The Game Of Baccarat
The exact origins of the baccarat card game are not clear. Thought to possibly have derived from the popular Chinese casino game Pai Gow (which means to "Make 9", which is the highest score in baccarat), baccarat was first referenced in print (spelled “Baccarat”, with a capital “B”) in the early 19th century.
However, some historians suggest that soldiers returning from the Franco-Italian War in the late 1600s may have helped spread the game into France. Indeed, it was in France during the reign of King Charles VIII that baccarat became most notable. The preferred pastime of European aristocracy, the game was not played by the poor and middle classes.
Once baccarat made its way to the United States in the 19th century and became a staple of glamorous Hollywood James Bond movies, its acceptance by the average casino gambler skyrocketed, and the game became a standard. And thanks to the Internet, you can now play baccarat online from anywhere in the US!
To use any US offshore legal betting site, you have to be at least 18 years of age. In states that have mandated domestic gambling ages of 21+, we recommend abiding by those laws before joining an online baccarat site.