Olympics Betting Guide
Betting on the Olympic Games is one of the oldest sports gambling markets in existence, giving every bettor an opportunity to get involved in the world's most famous athletic tournament.
Not only is Olympics betting a way to connect to the magic that defines the games, it's also a way to enjoy a legal wagering experience on events that are guaranteed to make history. Options for legally betting on 2022 Olympic odds run the gamut, and they're a nice change from the usual fare on the sports calendar.
Americans looking for a legal way to bet on sports in the US can turn to international online sportsbooks for all their gambling needs while adhering to the letter of US law. We are confident that our recommended operators offer the best online sports betting options for the upcoming Olympic Games.
Best USA Sportsbook For Betting On 2022 Olympics Odds
50% Bonus Up To $1,000
If you’re looking for the most reputable sportsbook to bet on the next Olympics and beyond, then look no further than Bovada. They are a household name in the industry and have a perfect track record with players. As a matter of fact, they've never missed a single payout in over a decade of operation! That means that when you win big while betting on the Olympics, you won't have to sweat getting paid. Leave that to the athletes!
New Bovada members can take advantage of the site's generous 50% signup bonus worth up to $1,000 when making their first deposit with the sportsbook. And with several ways to pay – including Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, and Bovada Vouchers – you can always get your account loaded up immediately. Never miss a minute of Olympic betting action at Bovada!
- USA-Friendly Sportsbook
- Most Trusted Name In The Industry
- Easy Deposits Via Credit Cards & Bitcoin + Altcoins
- Bovada Vouchers Now Offered
- 50% Welcome Bonus Up To $1,000
- Casino, Sports + Horse Betting Available
- Mobile-Friendly Sports Betting App
- Only US Players Allowed
- Excluded US States: NV, NJ, DE, MD, NY
Best Legal USA Online Sportsbooks
For 2022 Winter Olympics Odds
Each of the following sites is US-friendly and offers betting odds on the 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics. Every single one of these sites also offers exciting welcome bonuses for new players, while returning players can take advantage of reload bonuses and other membership perks.
Betting On The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
The 2022 Winter Olympic Games will take place next February 4th through 20th in Beijing China. The major global tournament includes 15 sports with many different disciplines featured in each. and dozens of nations competing.
While US bettors will be able to partake in 2022 Olympics betting at legal domestic sportsbooks, most gamblers will use offshore options. The online sportsbooks listed here are all reputable operators with hundreds of Olympic betting lines offered across the lot of them, and they each typically provide live betting on the Games.
With the 2022 Beijing Games still several months out, you won’t find any futures odds or other Olympic betting lines posted just yet. However, most online sports betting sites will publish their robust selections of Winter Olympics odds starting roughly four weeks out from the Opening Ceremony on February 4, 2022.
Betting On The Summer Olympic Games - Paris 2024
Betting on the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics promises to produce lots of action at the top online sportsbooks. These international betting sites, as usual, will provide US bettors with the most choices on the boards, with all events and sports/disciplines represented.
Because 2024 is so far away, there are no current odds available for Olympics betting on the Summer Games. Of course, this page will be updated as the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics draws near. What we do know for certain is that the 2024 Summer Olympics will take place in Paris, France between July 26, and August 11, 2024.
Olympic Betting FAQ's
US Gambling Laws That Affect Betting On The 2021 Summer Olympics
There are two federal gambling laws to be aware of when you’re thinking about betting on the Olympics. These laws are summarized below, but it is important to note that neither law applies to individual bettors in any way.
- Interstate Wire Act (1961) – Also called the Federal Wire Act, this prevents domestic US sportsbooks from accepting wagers across state lines. The Wire Act is why you can’t just call a Las Vegas bookie and place a wager from a different state. All legal domestic sportsbooks and mobile sports betting apps are geo-fenced and accessible only to bettors physically inside each state in question. Offshore sportsbooks are exempt from the Wire Act.
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA, 2006) – The UIGEA is a banking law that bars US-based banks from knowingly processing payments to or from sportsbooks or gambling sites that are not regulated by the US government. The law is largely unenforced, but it occasionally results in declined credit/debit gambling deposits. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have rendered this law moot.
- State Olympic Betting Laws – In addition to the above federal laws, there is one state that disallows all online gambling: Washington. However, these laws are historically unenforced, and hundreds of thousands of WA residents use offshore books to wager on the Olympics regularly. Still, please follow all local betting laws.
About The Summer Olympics
The Opening Ceremony for the 2021 Summer Olympics takes place on Friday, July 23, 2021, and the Games will conclude on August 8. The 2021 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2021) will host 339 events across 33 sports, with some 206 nations represented.
There will be a huge number of Olympic betting lines offered throughout the tournament. Wagering types include point spreads, props, futures, parlays, and more, all of which are sport dependent. You'll also be able to bet on tournament-level lines, like which nations will win the most medals, which country will win more head-to-head matchups, and so on. You can expect thousands of distinct Olympics betting odds, and some events will even feature live betting options.
US residents without access to local sportsbooks can legally access 2021 Summer Olympics odds through any of the approved sports betting sites listed on this page. Each brand is legally operating in their own home countries, thus making it legal for them to offer their services to players around the world, including those in the US.
For more information about the Summer Games, you can check out the official website for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. They feature a complete listing of all events, schedules, news, and more. If you wish to learn more about the 2022 Winter Games, the Beijing Olympics site is also live.