Olympics Betting For 2020
Betting on the Olympic Games is one of the most riveting avenues of sports betting, providing an electrifying connection between the global athletic phenomenon of world solidarity that embodies the Olympic games and the individual fan that watches from thousands of miles away.
Not only is Olympic betting a way to connect to the magic that defines the Olympics, it is also a way to enjoy a legally sanctioned wagering experience tied to events that are all but guaranteed to make history. Options for legally betting on the 2020 Summer Olympic Games bring an exhilarating level of involvement for those fans eager to experience the thrill of betting entertainment.
Americans looking for a legal way to bet on sports in the US can turn to offshore sportsbooks for all their gambling needs while remaining within the confines of US law. We are confident in our recommendations to American sports fans seeking genuinely licensed and regulated Internet betting on this season’s Olympic games.
Check out our newest section about betting on the Winter Olympics.
Best USA Sportsbook For Betting On The Olympics
50% Bonus Up To $250
If you’re looking for the most reputable sportsbook to bet on the 2020 Olympics and beyond, then look no further than Bovada. They are a household name in the industry and have a perfect track record with players. As a matter of fact, they've never missed a single payout in over a decade of operation! So, if you happen to win big while betting on the Olympics, you won't have to sweat getting paid.
New players can take advantage of Bovada’s generous 50% signup bonus worth up to $250 when making their first deposit to the sportsbook. And with several ways to pay – including Visa, Mastercard, and Bitcoin – you can get your account loaded immediately. Never miss a minute of Olympic betting action at Bovada!
- USA Accepted Sportsbook
- Most Trusted Name In The Industry
- Easy Deposits Via Credit Cards & Bitcoin
- 50% Welcome Bonus Up To $250
- Casino, Sports + Horse Betting Available
- Mobile-Friendly Sports Betting App
- Only US, Brazil And Mexico Allowed
- Excluded US States: NV, NJ, DE, MD
Best Legal USA Online Sportsbooks
For Olympics Betting In 2020
Each of the following sites is US-friendly and offers betting odds on the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics. Every single one of these sites also offers exciting welcome bonuses for new players, while returning players can take advantage of reload bonuses and other membership perks.
Betting On The 2020 Summer Olympics
The next Olympics will be the 2020 Summer Games, and they’re going to be held in Tokyo, Japan. The major global tournament tentatively includes 339 events across 50 sports or disciplines and will have over 200 nations competing.
While US bettors will be able to wager on the 2020 Olympics at legal domestic sportsbooks, most gamblers will use offshore options. The sites listed here are all reputable operators will several Olympic betting cycles under their belts, and they each typically provide tens of thousands of odds and lines on the Games.
With the 2020 Tokyo Games still several months out, you won’t find any futures odds or other Olympic betting lines posted just yet. However, most sportsbooks will publish their robust selections of betting options starting roughly four weeks out from the Opening Ceremony on July 24.
Betting On The 2022 Winter Olympics
While the Summer Olympics usually draws more betting action than the winter version of the Games, the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics promises to see lots of interest at the sportsbooks. Offshore betting sites, as usual, will provide US bettors with the most choices on the boards, with all 109 events and 15 sports/disciplines represented.
Because the 2022 Winter Olympics is so far in the offing, little is known about specific athletes slated to compete. Of course, this page will be updated as the Games draw near. Right now, all we really know is that the tournament will have its Opening Ceremony on February 4, 2022, with the events all culminating on February 20.
Olympic Betting FAQ's
US Gambling Laws That Affect Betting On The 2020 Summer Olympics
There are two federal gambling laws to be aware of when you’re thinking about betting on the Olympics. These laws are summarized below, but it is important to note that neither law applies to individual bettors in any way.
- Interstate Wire Act (1961) – Also called the Federal Wire Act, this law prevents domestic US sportsbooks from accepting wagers across state lines via telephone, Internet, or any other means. The Wire Act is why you can’t simply phone up a Las Vegas bookie and place a wager from a different state. All legal domestic sportsbooks and mobile sports betting apps are geo-fenced and accessible only to bettors physically inside each state in question. Offshore sportsbooks are exempt from the Wire Act.
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA, 2006) – The UIGEA is a banking regulation that forbids US-based banks from knowingly processing payments to or from unregulated sportsbooks or gambling sites. The law is largely unenforced, though it can occasionally result in a declined credit/debit payment to your offshore betting site. The rise of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have almost entirely obviated this law.
- State Olympic Betting Laws – In addition to the above federal laws, there are two states that disallow all forms of online gambling: Washington and Connecticut. However, these laws are historically unenforced, and hundreds of thousands of residents from both states use offshore books to wager on the Olympics each cycle. Still, it is advised that if you live in WA or CT, you proceed at your own risk.
About The Summer Olympics
The Opening Ceremony for the 2020 Summer Olympics takes place on Friday, July 24, 2020, and the Games will conclude on August 9. The 2020 Winter Olympic Games will host 339 events across 33 sports, with some 206 nations represented.
There will be a huge number of Olympic betting lines offered throughout the popular tournament. Wagering types will include point spreads, props, futures, parlays, and more, all of which will be sport dependent. That said, you’ll also be able to bet on tournament-level lines, like which nations will win the most medals, which country will medal more in head-to-head matchups, and so on. At any top-rated betting site, you can expect thousands upon thousands of distinct Olympics betting opportunities, and some events will even feature live betting options.
US residents without access to local or domestic online sportsbooks can legally access 2020 Summer Olympics betting lines through any of the approved sportsbooks listed on this page. Each featured brand is legally licensed and regulated in offshore jurisdictions under the oversight of their home countries’ governments, thereby making it legal for them to offer their services to players around the world, including the US.
For more information about the Summer Games, you can check out the official website for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. They feature a complete listing of all events, schedules, news, and more. If you wish to learn more about the 2022 Winter Games, the Beijing Olympics site is also live.