What Makes Live Dealer Gambling Technology So Attractive?
There are a lot of reasons that make playing webcam blackjack more attractive than playing against a computer program? The biggest reason we've found when speaking to a wide range of players is that most of them simply feel the game is more authentic and fair when a live dealer is involved rather than only having access to a digital game powered by a computer algorithm.
The Pros and Cons of Playing Live
Before you decide whether or not to go with a live game or a basic game with an algorithm, let's discuss the pros and cons of playing live dealer blackjack first. And just to get it out of the way, let's go over the bad news first. The cons before the pros.
- Live dealers give a better sense of transparency, so there's no questioning if a computer program is fixed to go against you.
- A live blackjack game presents a realistic atmosphere that's far more appealing to many players.
- Live tables typically offer better stakes and even some bigger bonuses than other games.
- The rhythm of the game may change to suit you.
- There is the chance that a dealer mistakenly hits instead of stays and ends up busting.
- The real casino pace can help you better keep track of your bets and your stack.
- You get to chat and have a good time with other players at the table, just as you would be able to do in a brick and mortar casino.
- Live dealer games require a human and take up space, so you may have to wait to play as the table could be full.
- There is always the chance of human error for paying out a bet. So be sure to pay close attention to your balance and whether or not you were paid correctly after each hand.
- Playing live will take longer to process big bets and moves like splitting or doubling down, hence you may not be able to play as many hands per hour as you can with traditional online blackjack games.
- Since everyone at the table is a real human being, you always have the unfortunate chance of playing with the someone who doesn't know how to play optimal strategy. You know, the idiot splitting 10's and messing up the whole table.
The truth here is that you're not going to find a huge difference from one type of game to the next. While it might be more comfortable and more lifelike to play with a live blackjack dealer, you're not necessarily gaining any tangible advantage with this type of game. It is possible that you may enjoy the live experience more since it is a really successful blend of the live gaming environment and the convenience of online access. However, if you find an online casino offering lucrative bonuses to play this type of blackjack, then you may definitely want to consider it. After all, a live dealer doesn't place you at any further disadvantage either.
Strategy For Playing Live
There is nothing different about playing blackjack at a brick and mortar casino, or playing with a live dealer online. The same concepts apply - so your game play and strategy should be the same for the most part. One thing you should be mindful of when playing online is to spend a few minutes reading the game rules. This is always good practice anyway when you are playing for real money. But the idea here is to make sure you have a complete understanding of the rules so you won't make any mistakes. It's no different that reading the rules at a brick and mortar table before you sit down. While most casinos pay 3/2 for a blackjack, a few actually pay 6/5. I am a firm believer in taking every advantage possible when I'm gambling. So play smart, always know the rules of the game and you should be in good shape to give the casino a run for their money.
And of course we always recommend looking for a legal online blackjack site so you know you are not dealing with a fly by night operation that is out to steal your money. Legally licensed online casinos spend a lot of money to adhere to all laws and regulations, compared to the rogue operators who aren't licensed anywhere and have no regulatory body to answer to.