There are only two weeks remaining in the 2021-22 NFL schedule and eight playoff positions remain unclaimed. Week 17 provides a few NFL Playoff clinching scenarios, but most likely, there’ll still be plenty to play for during the final weekend of the year.
Here are the current NFL teams that have clinched playoff spots following the completion of Week 16’s games.
AFC Playoff Teams That Have Clinched
- Kansas City Chiefs – KC has clinched the AFC West Division and is the current #1 seed and the top team in the odds for betting on the NFL Playoffs in regard to Conference and Super Bowl futures. The Chiefs are the only team in the AFC to secure a playoff berth so far, and will clinch the #1 seed with a win against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
AFC Teams That Can Clinch Playoffs With A Win
- Tennessee Titans – The Titans will win the AFC South Division and a top-four playoff seed if they can beat the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Tennessee is favored by -3.5 in NFL point spreads across the board implying a close contest that could go either way.
- New England Patriots – Bill Belichick will once again take a rookie quarterback into the NFL postseason if they can defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars. While this may seem like an easy win for NE, the Jaguars were able to beat the Dolphins earlier this season.
- Buffalo Bills – One more win is all that is needed for Josh Allen and the Bills to make the playoffs, and they are favored to do so against the Falcons in Week 17.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Although it has been an up and down season for the Bengals, they are one win away from clinching the AFC North Division. Unfortunately, they are underdogs this weekend as they are playing the Chiefs.
- Indianapolis Colts – The Colts can clinch a wild card berth if they win against the Las Vegas Raiders who they are favored to beat by a touchdown.
NFC Playoff Teams That Have Clinched
- Green Bay Packers – The Packers have clinched the NFC North and are the most likely team to earn the NFC’s #1 seed. The Packers will clinch the #1 seed and a bye week with a win against Minnesota on Sunday.
- Dallas Cowboys – Big D is once again postseason-bound as they have the NFC East Division crown all wrapped up. They are currently the #2 seed in the NFC.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Thanks to a recent loss to the New Orleans Saints, the Bucs will most likely finish as the 4th seed in the conference even though they’ve already won the NFC South.
- Arizona Cardinals – Technically, the Cardinals are still in the lead in the NFC West and are already guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, but the Los Angeles Rams are on their heels and waiting to leap them in the standings.
- Los Angeles Rams – As mentioned above, the Rams are in a close race with the Cardinals for the NFC West Championship. The team that finishes atop the standings at season’s end will earn the 3 seed while the second place franchise will finish as the #5 wild card.
NFC Teams That Can Clinch A Playoff Berth With A Win
- San Francisco 49ers – In regard to controlling their own destinies, neither the 49ers nor the Eagles can simply win and get in. If San Francisco wins on Sunday, they can clinch if the New Orleans Saints lose to the Carolina Panthers.
- Philadelphia Eagles – If the Eagles beat the Washington Football Team, they can clinch a wild card spot via a few scenarios that all require a loss by the Minnesota Vikings.
Be sure to secure your NFL playoff wagers at the top football betting sites prior to kickoff this weekend to take advantage of the early moneylines that provide the highest profit potential.