No Jon Jones? No problem. Or at least that’s what the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s stance will be heading into UFC 295, as the return of Jon Jones to the Octagon must wait until he recovers from a torn pectoral muscle he suffered in October.
Instead, UFC 295 will feature two championship matches at the top of the card, one for the vacant lightweight title and the main event, which will award the winner the interim heavyweight belt.
If you intend to do any MMA betting over the weekend, check out these UFC 295 odds and fighter comparisons and make an informed wager.
UFC Heavyweight Championship Betting Line
Tom Aspinwall vs. Sergei Pavlovich
- Aspinwall -112
- Pavlovich -108
- Over/Under: 1.5 Rounds
Both Aspinwall and Pavlovich have negative moneylines posted on their chances of winning the interim UFC Heavyweight Championship. Each combatant being featured in the negative means that both of them have favorable odds of winning the fight.
Aspinwall is a slight favorite and will reward gamblers with $1 gains for each $1.12 that is placed upon him winning at UFC 295. Legal sports betting sites will offer the same profits when betting $1.08 on Pavlovich if he wins.
Aspinwall vs. Pavlovich Tale of the Tape
- Record: Aspinwall 18-1-0, Pavlovich 13-3-0
- Height: Aspinwall 6′ 3″, Pavlovich 6′ 5″
- Weight: Aspinwall 260.5 Lbs., Pavlovich 258 Lbs.
- Age: Aspinwall 30, Pavlovich 31
- Reach: Aspinwall 84″, Pavlovich 78″
- Leg Reach: Aspinwall 45″, Pavlovich 44″
- Knockouts: Aspinwall 10, Pavlovich 15
- Submissions: Aspinwall 3, Pavlovich 0
- Decisions: Aspinwall 0, Pavlovich 3
The most alarming difference when comparing the tale of the tape between these two heavyweights is that Aspinwall has a reach advantage of 6 inches. That should more than make up for Pavlovich’s 2-inch height advantage.
UFC Lightweight Championship Betting Line
Jiri Prochazka vs. Alex Pereira
- Pereira -115
- Prochazka -105
- Over/Under: 1.5 Rounds
When a torn Achilles tendon forced champion Jamahal Hill to vacate the title, Jiri Prochazka and Alex Pereira became the two top contenders who will fight for the strap at UFC 295.
Once again, UFC oddsmakers are somewhat undecided on who the winner will be. Both combatants possess negative moneyline odds to win, with Pereira holding a 10-point edge at -115.
Prochazka vs. Pereira Tale of the Tape
- Record: Prochazka 29-3-1, Pereira 8-2-0
- Height: Prochazka 6′ 3″, Pereira 6′ 4″
- Weight: Prochazka 205 Lbs., Pereira 205.5 Lbs.
- Age: Prochazka 31, Pereira 36
- Reach: Prochazka 80″, Pereira 79″
- Leg Reach: Prochazka 45″, Pereira 44″
- Knockouts: Prochazka 25, Pereira 6
- Submissions: Prochazka 3, Pereira 2
- Decisions: Prochazka 1, Pereira 0
Prochazka has the advantage in MMA experience and is five years younger than Pereira. Still, UFC betting experts see it as an even match, with more betting money required than can be won by wagering on either fighter.
The types of bets at legal online sportsbooks offered for MMA also include UFC props for which round each fight will end, how matches will be decided, and any other occurrence that goes down inside the Octagon.
UFC 295 prop bets are posted now for the two title fights, and we expect more for the remaining bouts as the start time approaches.