On Sunday, March 12th, the 2023 Academy Awards will commence, rewarding the best cinematic achievements occurring during the 2022 calendar year.
Oscars odds are now posted at legal Academy Awards betting sites that will remain on the boards until each winner is announced.
One film that has performed well thus far during the 2023 awards season is Everything Everywhere All At Once. It is the story of a middle-aged Asian woman who must deal with a rift in the time-space continuum while also managing her life’s personal issues.
While we always hunt for films that have the potential to sweep any given awards ceremony and deliver underdog winners, EEAAO is favored to win by a significant margin in several categories.
Categories Where EEAAO Is Favored
If the film sweeps at the 2023 Oscars, it would hardly be considered an upset. Online entertainment sportsbooks feature EEAAO cast and crew in the lead by four digits in the odds to win Best Director, Best Film, and Best Supporting Actor.
- Daniel Kwan And Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All At Once -2500
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans +700
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1800
- Todd Field – Tár +2000
- Ruben Ostlund – Triangle Of Sadness +5000
- Everything Everywhere All At Once -1250
- All Quiet On The Western Front +1000
- The Banshees Of Inisherin +1200
- Top Gun: Maverick +1600
- The Fabelmans +3300
- TÁR +4000
- Elvis +8000
- Avatar: The Way Of Water +10000
- Triangle Of Sadness +10000
- Women Talking +10000
Best Supporting Actor
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All At Once -3000
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1200
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1200
- Judd Hirsch – The Fabelmans +2000
- Brian Tyree Henry – Causeway +3500
The odds for Best Actress feature Michelle Yeoh and Cate Blanchett in a dead heat to win. They are only 35 points apart in the Best Actress odds, with Yeoh holding the edge 10 days out from the ceremony.
- Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All At Once -125
- Cate Blanchett – TÁR -110
- Andrea Riseborough – To Leslie +2500
- Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans +2500
- Ana De Armas – Blonde +4000
Entertainment prop bets for Best Film Editing favor Everything Everywhere All At Once, but in this category, they are in danger of falling prey to Top Gun: Maverick sympathizers in the Academy.
Top Gun was the feel-good movie of the year and was better than it had any business being. Voting members may feel that this is the category where Maverick can take home some honor for the solid effort.
Best Film Editing
- Everything Everywhere All At Once -180
- Top Gun: Maverick +120
- The Banshees Of Inisherin +1600
- Elvis +2500
- Tár +3500
Categories Where EEAAO Is The Underdog
Ok, now we’re on to the juicy Oscars betting lines where laying some action on EEAAO odds could land gamblers some large payouts. First up are the odds for Best Supporting Actress where all nominees are listed with positive moneylines.
Best Supporting Actress
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever +135
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All At Once +160
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees Of Inisherin +225
- Hong Chau – The Whale +3300
- Stephanie Hsu – Everything Everywhere All At Once +3300
JLC is nearly unrecognizable in Everything Everywhere All At Once and is well within reach of odds-leader Angela Bassett of Black Panther. Stephanie Hsu has +3300 odds and may be worthy of a low-dollar wager just in case she rises to the top.
Best Costume Design
- Catherine Martin – Elvis -150
- Ruth Carter – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever +160
- Shirley Kurata – Everything Everywhere All At Once +450
- Jenny Beavan – Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris +2000
- Mary Zophres – Babylon +2000
Another line where the film is an underdog is the above prop for the Best Costume Design Oscar. $4.50 gains can be secured by betting a dollar on Everything Everywhere All At Once to win the Academy Award for Best Costume Design.
- Sources – New York Post, The Independent
- Check out our Bovada Sportsbook review to find out more about why they’re a top provider of Academy Awards betting odds year after year.