Betting Preview For The Masters: Odds For Winners, Props And More

The first round of the 2024 Masters Tournament will be delayed by at least 2 hours to allow for thunderstorms to pass through the northeast Georgia region. Despite the weather delay, betting on The Masters is already in full swing, as odds for winners, round leaders, and props are posted in the hundreds.

The tournament winners from the last two years, Scottie Scheffler and Jon Rahm, are garnering the most favorable The Masters odds entering today’s first round.

The Masters will be broadcast today and tomorrow on ESPN, with this weekend’s final two rounds of action airing on CBS. High television ratings are expected, as fan favorites and former champions Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods will be a part of the field.

Legal golf betting sites aren’t giving Tiger or Phil much of a chance to win, which is why players can earn a load of cash by betting on either to add another green jacket in their closet.

Despite the advanced age and declining skills of Woods and Mickelson, they usually perform well when they play at August National Golf Course. “Phil the Thrill” finished in second place in 2023, and Tiger won his fifth Masters in 2019 after most experts assumed his career was over.

Tiger made the cut in 2023 but withdrew during the third round due to an exacerbated foot injury.

Tiger Woods’ 1st Round Score At The Masters 2024

  • Over 73.5 -155
  • Under 73.5 +120

Tiger Woods prop bets for the first round suggest that his score will be above 73.5 strokes, which would place him over par (72) on the day.

2024 Masters Tournament Schedule

  • 1st Round – Today from 3:00 to 7:30 on ESPN
  • 2nd Round – Tomorrow from 3:00 to 7:30 on ESPN
  • 3rd Round – Saturday from 3:00 to 7:00 on CBS
  • 4th Round – Sunday from 2:00 to 7:00 on CBS

While some of the best golf betting tips involve not risking any money on massive underdogs, that doesn’t really apply when gambling on The Masters futures before the tournament begins.

Even betting on the favorite would be considered an unwise wager if similar odds were presented in a game line for a different sport. For example, odds leader Scottie Scheffler has a +450 moneyline placed on him to win The Masters.

That means Scheffler has a roughly 18% chance of winning when placed against the remainder of the field. However, considering that he is up against 89 other players, those are pretty good odds, as 88 golfers share the remaining 82% available.

Pre-tournament golf futures are more like a lottery pick, but with an educated guess and only 89 potential outcomes. For gamblers who have not yet made up their minds on the golfer that will win the 2024 Masters, futures will remain active early into the fourth round on Sunday.

Sources: Bovada Sportsbook Review, ESPN, Yahoo! Sports