Betting on the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards
Started in 1949, the Primetime Emmy Awards are meant to recognize excellence in the television industry. Along with the Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Awards, the Emmys are a household name in the entertainment industry. The 71st Emmy Awards ceremony is set for September 22, 2019.
While television’s most prominent individuals are winning their awards for their hard work, viewers can also win big at home. Through entertainment betting, wagers placed on programs like the Emmys, anyone can win this Sunday.
The following is a guide to betting on the Emmys, including where to place your bets, who is eligible to win, and their odds to nab a statuette in 2019.
Is it legal to bet on the Emmys in 2020?
In all states except Connecticut and Washington, online entertainment wagers, including Emmy Awards betting, is not punishable under the current laws in place. So, for most Americans, entertainment betting is not prohibited as long as bets are placed done through domestic or offshore sportsbooks that are operating legally within the industry.
To ensure safety, transparency, and legality, the team here recommends using one of the offshore sportsbooks listed on this page.
Best USA Sportsbook For Betting On The Emmy Awards
50% Bonus Up To $1,000
BetOnline is one of the most trusted online sportsbooks for betting on entertainment in the United States. Not only do they accept US players but they have more entertainment props and futures than their competitors.
The BetOnline sportsbook is easy to use and new account holders who sign up through the link below can take advantage of a generous Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
- US Friendly
- Trusted since 2004
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Fast And Reliable Payouts Guaranteed
- Live Betting Options
- Enjoy All Platforms With One User Account
- Does Not Accept Other Cryptocurrencies
- Excludes Residents of New Jersey
Top-Rated Legal Sports Betting Sites
How can I bet on the 71st Emmys?
There are several different avenues for betting on the Emmy Awards. We have not seen these types of entertainment wagering options available at state regulated sportsbooks as of yet. However, we recommend using a reputable offshore sportsbook, such as the ones listed in this guide. Your bets can be placed almost immediately; the account just needs to be created, the email address verified, and funds placed into the account.
After an account is created and ready to be used, betting is just a few clicks away. Most online sportsbooks have an “Entertainment” tab, dedicated to events like the Emmys. After navigating to the appropriate page on the sportsbook, wagers can be placed on each category’s projected winner. This page will also feature each nominee’s odds of winning and other entertainment props. Keep in mind that the odds can change at any time up until the event.
Again, we recommend using the featured sportsbooks on this page to place bets on the 71st Emmy Awards. Every sportsbook here is verified for its safety, transparency, and legitimacy. You will also find betting lines for American Idol, America's Got Talent betting, and other popular competition shows.
Emmy Award betting odds in 2019
The following are the categories in which Emmy Awards are given. Some categories focus on the show itself, such as Outstanding Drama Series, while some are given directly to the performers, like the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series.
With each category, the odds are given to each nominee via BetOnline. This is to ensure that readers have the best information available to create the easiest betting options for the 71st Emmys.
Outstanding Comedy Series
- Veep (HBO) +125
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime Video) +225
- Fleabag (Prime Video) +250
- Barry (HBO) +800
- Russian Doll (Netflix) +4500
- Schitt's Creek (Pop TV) +5000
- The Good Place (NBC) +5500
Outstanding Drama Series
- Game Of Thrones (HBO) -500
- Killing Eve (BBC America) +500
- Better Call Saul (AMC) +1600
- Ozark (Netflix) +2000
- This Is Us (NBC) +2200
- Bodyguard (Netflix) +4000
- Pose (FX) +5000
- Succession (HBO) +6600
Outstanding Limited Series
- When They See Us (Netflix) -200
- Chernobyl (HBO) +135
- Escape At Dannemora (Showtime) +1800
- Fosse/Verdon (FX) +3500
- Sharp Objects (HBO) +3500
Outstanding Television Movie
- Deadwood: The Movie (HBO) -300
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Netflix) +200
- My Dinner With Herve (HBO) +1500
- Brexit (HBO) +3300
- King Lear (Prime Video) +3300
Outstanding Variety Talk Series
- Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO) -500
- The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (CBS) +300
- Full Frontal With Samantha Bee (TBS) +3300
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC) +3300
- The Daily Show With Trevor Noah (Comedy Central) +3300
- The Late Late Show With James Corden (CBS) +3300
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
- Bill Hader (Barry) -400
- Michael Douglas (The Kominsky Method) +500
- Ted Danson (The Good Place) +650
- Eugene Levy (Schitt's Creek) +2000
- Don Cheadle (Black Monday) +2500
- Anthony Anderson (Black-Ish) +5000
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) -400
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag) +350
- Rachel Brosnahan (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) +900
- Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) +2800
- Christina Applegate (Dead To Me) +4000
- Natasha Lyonne (Russian Doll) +4000
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series
- Tony Shalhoub (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) +150
- Alan Arkin (The Kominsky Method) +200
- Henry Winkler (Barry) +300
- Tony Hale (Veep) +1000
- Anthony Carrigan (Barry) +1400
- Stephen Root (Berry) +1400
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
- Olivia Colman (Fleabag) +140
- Alex Borstein (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) +170
- Sian Clifford (Fleabag) +650
- Kate McKinnon (Saturday Night Live) +1000
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) +1400
- Sarah Goldberg (Barry) +1500
- Betty Gilpin (GLOW) +2500
- Marin Hinkle (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) +3300
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
- Billy Porter (Pose) +100
- Jason Bateman (Ozark) +250
- Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) +300
- Kit Harington (Game Of Thrones) +850
- Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us) +2500
- Milo Ventimiglia (The Is Us) +3300
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
- Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) -250
- Jodie Comer (Killing Eve) +350
- Emilia Clarke (Game Of Thrones) +600
- Laura Linney (Ozark) +2000
- Mandy Moore (This Is Us) +4000
- Robin Wright (House Of Cards) +4000
- Viola Davis (How To Get Away With Murder) +4000
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
- Peter Dinklage (Game Of Thrones) -450
- Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul) +600
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game Of Thrones) +600
- Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul) +3300
- Michael Kelly (House Of Cards) +3300
- Alfie Allen (Game Of Thrones) +4000
- Chris Sullivan (This Is Us) +5000
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
- Julia Garner (Ozark) -130
- Maisie Williams (Game Of Thrones) +300
- Lena Headey (Game Of Thrones) +325
- Gwendoline Christie (Game Of Thrones) +1300
- Fiona Shaw (Killing Eve) +1500
- Sophie Turner (Game Of Thrones) +4000
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Limited Series/Movie
- Jharrel Jerome (When They See Us) -200
- Jared Harris (Chernobyl) +300
- Mahershala Ali (True Detective) +425
- Sam Rockwell (Fosse/Verdon) +1700
- Hugh Grant (A Very English Scandal) +4000
- Benicio Del Toro (Escape At Dannemora) +5000
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Limited Series/Movie
- Michelle Williams (Fosse/Verdon) -150
- Patricia Arquette (Escape At Dannemora) +160
- Amy Adams (Sharp Objects) +550
- Joey King (The Act) +4000
- Niecy Nash (When They See Us) +4500
- Aunjanue Ellis (When They See Us) +5000
Why bet on the Emmys in 2020?
Betting on the Emmys can add a little extra excitement to the ceremony. While watching your favorite actors and shows win awards for their hard work and dedication, there’s a possibility to win more than the simple entertainment provided.
Even small bets– a few dollars here or there– could pay off big over the course of the Emmys. Such wagers also drive more viewer attention to the categories and nominees throughout the night.
About the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards?
September 2019 will play host to the Emmy Awards’ 71st ceremony. Presented live on Fox straight from Los Angeles on September 22, the event is reserved for the best of the best in the television industry.
But the ceremony is more than just an awards show. Red carpet interviews, standup comedy, and charitable causes also make appearances throughout the ceremony. But the primary reason for the extravaganza is the award.
For each category, a celebrity visits the stage to announce the award-to-be-presented and the eligible nominees. They then reveal the Emmy Award winner, who then comes on stage to give a speech.
Presenters for the 2019 Emmy Awards
Like the 2018 Oscars, the 71st Emmy Awards will not feature a singular host. While this is unusual for the ceremony– only happening three times before 2019– the awards will still be presented by a large array of stars.
Most of the presenters in 2019 will be from HBO’s Game of Thrones series, including Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke, plus many more:
- Angela Bassett
- Viola Davis
- Taraji P. Henson
- Naomi Watts
- Jimmy Kimmel
- Stephen Colbert
- Billy Porter
- Seth Meyers
- The cast of Game of Thrones: Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Alfie Allen, Gwendoline Christie, Lena Headey, and Carice van Houten.
When Are the 71st Emmy Awards
The 2019 Emmys will air live from the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles from 8:00 to 11:00 pm ET on September 22, 2019. The event will be available on Fox and can be streamed through a number of services that have partnered with the broadcasting station, including Hulu.