2023 Triple Crown Horse Betting
The Triple Crown is a series of three horse races in the US that takes place over several weeks throughout May and June. It is comprised of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes. The Triple Crown series is the most storied tradition in horse racing.
There's a lot of betting activity surrounding the Triple Crown races each year, as well. For a horse to complete the Triple Crown, it must win all three races.
This has only happened 13 times in history. The most recent winner in Triple Crown history came in 2018 with Justify. Before Justify, the last Triple Crown winner – American Pharoah – took the title in 2015.
- 2023 Kentucky Derby - Saturday, May 6, 2023
- 2023 Preakness Stakes - Saturday, May 20, 2023
- 2023 Belmont Stakes - Saturday, June 11, 2023
Establishing Early Triple Crown Betting Odds
Predicting a correct Triple Crown winner yields a lot of money in legal horse betting, especially if you can get your wagers in early. Some people begin placing future bets on a potential Triple Crown winner as early as before the Kentucky Derby.
If you place a bet sooner than later, you can lock in better odds versus waiting for the safe bet. For example, if a horse wins the Derby, its odds to be a Triple Crown winner shorten and payouts decrease dramatically. If that same horse then wins the Preakness, those odds shorten even more.
Placing a bet on a horse that has won the first two Triple Crown races to be a Triple Crown champion will yield far less in winnings compared to what you could’ve gotten wagering prior to the first leg. Predicting a Triple Crown winner that early on is an obviously difficult task. The best strategy is to look at the favorites heading into the Derby. If those horses do well and escape without injury or strain, they will likely compete in the second and third legs.
Is It Legal To Bet On The Triple Crown Horse Races In 2023?
Yes. Some states permit online horse race betting through sites operated by the tracks themselves. For those outside of participating states, legitimate offshore racebooks present the only legal viable alternative according to the 1978 Interstate Horseracing Act (IHRA). If the online racebook you are using operates out of a legitimate governing jurisdiction located outside the United States, you are not in violation of any US gambling laws.
The reputable offshore sportsbooks and racebooks listed in this guide are legal based on their industry credentials and regulatory protocols. It is not unusual for offshore online racebooks and sportsbooks that offer Triple Crown betting odds to provide an expanded range of wagering options that exceed those offered at physical racetracks.
Top Online Triple Crown Betting Site For 2023
#1 Rated Legal Online Racebook For 2023
Bovada is a world-class sportsbook offering all types of betting options under one single account – including horse betting! They have earned an impeccable reputation by treating players right and paying winnings out like a bank. Bovada also routinely posts Triple Crown props and Triple Crown futures each year, giving horseplayers even more opportunities to win.
Most USA players accepted (18+)
Easy credit card funding with great approval rates
Now accepting Bitcoin + other top cryptos
5% cashback rebate for major horse races!
Enjoy casino, sports, poker, and horses
Only US, Mexico and Brazil players accepted
Residents of DE, MD, NJ, NV, NY not accepted
Fewer crypto deposit options than some competing sites
Identifying The Top Triple Crown Betting Sites
We exhaustively vet all the major websites which offer legal Triple Crown betting online, and the first thing we validate is a sportsbook's legitimacy and legal operation within the industry, and you should as well. Some jurisdictions are stricter and more reputable than others concerning who they allow to operate an international online sportsbook.
By checking customer reviews online, which number in the thousands literally, and trolling sportsbook betting forums and chat rooms, we can get a very good idea of just how safe and secure a particular operation is. And as always, one of the top considerations when choosing an Internet sportsbook is its banking suite. Demand 128 or 256 bit SSL security, a wide range of traditional and safe banking options, and speedy payouts.
Looking Forward To The 2023 Triple Crown Series
The 2023 Triple Crown Series will surely produce some new names and horses. Right now, Kentucky Derby odds will be the first to hit the boards in 2023 with Preakness and Belmont Stakes lines to follow.
2023 Triple Crown Betting Odds
Via Bovada Racebook
Will the winner of the 2023 Kentucky Derby win the 2022 Triple Crown?
- No -1100
- Yes +575
Will there be a US Triple Crown winner in 2023?
- No -1000
- Yes +575
Will the winner of the 2023 Kentucky Derby win the 2023 Preakness Stakes?
- No -380
- Yes +240
Will the winner of the 2023 Kentucky Derby win the 2023 Belmont Stakes?
- No -550
- Yes +325
Will the winner of the 2023 Kentucky Derby win the 2023 Preakness Stakes or the 2023 Belmont Stakes?
- No -140
- Yes +100
When Are The 2023 Triple Crown Races?
- 2023 Kentucky Derby - Saturday, May 6, at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky
- 2023 Preakness Stakes - Saturday, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland
- 2023 Belmont Stakes - Saturday, June 10, at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York
Results Of The 2022 Triple Crown Series
Rich Strike was a last-second replacement horse that shocked the world and bettors alike when he won the 2022 Kentuck Derby. He was then held out of the 2022 Preakness Stakes to recover from injury, thus giving up his shot at becoming a Triple Crown-winning horse.
2021 Triple Crown Race Winners
- 2021 Kentucky Derby - Rich Strike
- 2021 Preakness Stakes - Early Voting
- 2021 Belmont Stakes - Mo Denegal
It is unusual for three different horses to win the three legs of the Triple Crown, but 2022 was an unusual racing season, to say the least. 2023, however, should be right back to normal. But even still, it's always a longshot for any horse to win the Triple Crown championship.
Other Legal Betting Options For US Horse Gamblers
The following sites are all U.S.A. friendly and are known for offering robust legal online horse betting portals that are often labeled as racebooks on their site.
We've also provided information on some other online gambling platforms, with one of the most popular being legal online sports betting. As sports fans ourselves, we definitely saw the value in expanding our sports betting guide to include the major sports events that we follow all year:
- Legal Online NFL Betting: NFL football is probably the most watched sport on TV and live at stadiums by both Americans and even non-U.S. fans. Fans cannot get enough of their favorite teams and players, and this guide will ensure that you have access to the most reputable and secure online sportsbooks to get involved in safe online sports betting.
- Legal Online NBA Betting: NBA basketball is another favorite among sports fans, and we follow the season closely, right up to the NBA championship. Even the draft process garners fan appreciation, and many sportsbooks now allow you to bet on the draft outcomes as well, drawing out the NBA action just a little more for us.
- Legal Online MLB Betting: MLB baseball gives us a nice long season and a highly active game schedule that allows us to place wagers every day if we want to. Leading up to the World Series, baseball fans follow their teams through it all. Between in play betting, player props, and creative wagering options, baseball sports betting has really gained momentum.
- For those times when you want some non-sports related wagering to enjoy, you can check out these pages:
- Legal Online Poker: Our guide provides information on finding legal, USA friendly poker rooms which have been vetted for security, legitimacy, and performance. We've personally examined each of them as registered players in order to evaluate them from a hands-on approach.
- Legal Online Casinos: We have verified the legality of a handful of industry-leading brands to ensure that they deliver a safe and secure gambling experience while providing an overall high-quality performance.