Legal College Football Betting Guide For USA Players
American football was born when roughly 100 people witnessed Rutgers beating Princeton by a score of 6-4 at a small field plot in New Brunswick, New Jersey all the way back on November 6, 1869. A short time later, betting on football became a national pastime, and is now the most popular sport to watch and bet on in the United States.
Today, the NCAA is the governing body for all sports held at colleges and universities, and Division I is the highest level of collegiate football and receives the most betting action as a result. Our page dedicated to legal NCAA College Football betting will help guide bettors through the legalities involved and will reveal our list of top-rated online sportsbooks that have passed our vetting process.
Don't take the risk of venturing into college football betting unprepared. Read through this page to learn the best plays to make when betting on NCAAF, and which venues offer the most advantageous perks and payouts.
Several major Division I conferences have decided to cancel or postpone their 2020-21 seasons, however, the SEC, ACC, BIG 12, AAC, Sun Belt, and AAC conferences have decided to play a full schedule this year, and are finalizing the details for postseason play now. Check back for more updates!
Is It Legal To Bet On College Football Games In The United States?
Yes, college football betting is legal in the United States and there are two options.
- Domestic Sportsbooks - There are many states that have legalized domestic sports betting and wagers on NCAAF can be made if bettors are of the required legal age for that region.
- International Sportsbook Sites - For those that are not located in or near a state that has regulated domestic sportsbooks, then an online international betting site like the ones we recommend in this guide are safe to use because there are no federal or state gambling laws that even mention the act of wagering with an offshore entity. There's no law to break, so bettors cannot get into any trouble, and many of the sites accept members starting at 18 years old.
Top Rated Sportsbook To Bet On NCAAF Football Games
50% Bonus Up To $250 For New Players
Bovada Sportsbook is the most reputable USA friendly site for betting on College football games. They are part of the Bodog Group, one of the most trusted names in online sports betting. Bovada was formed to cater exclusively to US players and offer the best football lines and odds around.
Aside from offering players more NCAAF betting options than most sites, Bovada is known for having some of the best parlay payouts in the industry paying 10% more on average than most sportsbooks. New players can also take advantage of a 50% welcome bonus up to $250 on their first deposit.
It's also worth noting that players can enjoy many other betting options under the same player account such as online casino games, horses and much more. And if you appreciate highly sophisticated mobile betting software, Bovada has that covered too.
Most reputable name in online sports betting
Generous $250 welcome bonus
Easy deposits via credit cards and Bitcoin
Extremely Reputable - They've never missed a payout
Owned and operated by the trusted Bodog brand
Sports betting, poker and casino with 1 account
Only Players from the US, Mexico and Brazil accepted
Excluded US States: DE, MD, NJ and NV
2020-2021 College Football Schedule
September 3, 2020
December 12/19, 2020
Bowl Games Begin:
December 19, 2020
CFP Selection Show:
December 20, 2020
January 1, 2021
CFP National Championship:
January 11, 2021
What Conferences Are Playing College Football In 2020-21?
While many athletic conferences have decided to forgo the 2020-21 NCAAF season in favor of social distancing, enough of them have decided to participate and should have no trouble filling Saturday afternoon television broadcast schedules this fall. Below is a comprehensive list of the college football conferences that intend to compete this year.
Power 5 Conferences
|Big 12||Big Ten|
Other Major NCAAF Conferences
How To Bet On College Football - Odds & Lines
Here is a look at the types of bets that are typically offered on a day-to-day basis at college football betting sites:
- Point Spread - A number that represents the amount a team is predicted to win or lose by. Bettors must wager on whether they think the winner will cover the spread and win by more than predicted, or the loser will cover the spread and lose by less than predicted (or outright win). The favorite is listed in the negative.
- Money Line - These are numeric odds that are placed next to a team's name that indicate their chance of winning the game, and allows bettors to simply chose which outcome they think will be successful. Payouts are also determined by the numeric value of the money line odds. A wager of $100 can win $150 on +150 odds, while a wager of $270 would be required to win $100 on -270 odds.
- Over/Under - Also called totals, this is a line drawn in the sand by oddsmakers for the amount of points that both teams will combine to score in a given game. Bettors must wager on whether the total amount of points will be above or below the line.
- Futures - Futures involves events that aren't occurring today, such as the eventual CFP National Championship team, the Heisman Trophy Winner, or eventual SEC Champion. These types of betting lines are available almost year-round.
- Prop Bets - Proposition wagers are betting lines for in-broadcast occurrences that may or may not affect the outcome of the game. Odds can include player or team stats, will a player's girlfriend be shown in the crowd, or how many times the announcer will utter his catchphrase.
- Live Betting - Also called in-game betting, live betting on college football are wagers that can be made during the contest with odds that are fluctuating as situations develop. Wagers are no longer confined to being made before the game starts, because live betting allows the bets to continue until the broadcast concludes.
MOBILE NCAAF BETTING
Each year, bettors rely less on PCs and laptops as a means of wagering on college football, and that's because smartphone and tablet use is on a sharp incline. We, as a society, no longer have the patience to wait for a dusty old computer to boot up when we can just whip out our iPhone, iPad, or Android-based device and get to work. The same can be said for betting on NCAAF, because the top sportsbooks listed on this page can be accessed by mobile devices by simply clicking on the links we've provided. There's no download required for mobile betting, as these are web-based apps that react to touch button control and can access all the odds and features that the regular website offers.
College Football National Championship Odds
Despite the fact that only a few conferences will be competing during the 2020-2021 season, the NCAA is still moving forward with plans to have a CFP series and award a National Champion. Play the latest odds on will win the college football national championship here.
What effect did PASPA have on college football betting?
Following the repeal of PASPA in May 2018, states began legalizing sports betting to increase tax revenue, which will go to funding many state social programs – like education.
Sportsbooks operating offshore have been providing legal betting services for years, and the addition of land-based, state-licensed sportsbooks will encourage competition, giving college football fans even more ways to wager and engage with the game they’ve loved for nearly 150 years.
Other Popular Sports Betting Sections
Football Betting Guides
- Legal Online Football Betting Guide
- Legal Online NFL Betting Guide
- Legal Online Superbowl Betting Guide
- NFL Football Preview
- Legal NCAAF Championship Betting Guide
- College Football Preview
Other Legal Sports Betting Coverage
- Legal Baseball Betting – A guide for baseball fans who are looking for information on where to find secure, legitimate, and trusted MLB betting sites.
- Legal Basketball Betting – Designed specifically for basketball fans, this guide will assist you in locating reputable and honest NBA betting sites.
- Legal Horse Racing Betting – Horse racing aficionados will find this guide helpful for keeping up with the schedules, odds, and betting lines for horse betting events.
- Legal Bitcoin Sports Betting –This is a must-read for anyone who wants to learn more about the legalities of bitcoin gambling and how it works with the online sports betting industry.
College Football News
The latest College Football Playoff rankings won’t be released until tonight on ESPN, but the AP Top 25 Poll and the betting odds are readily available right now. According to the AP Poll, the LSU Tigers are ranked first, followed … Read more
I think it is beginning to sound like a broken record, but we are not making this up: the Clemson Tigers fell in the rankings again but still retain the best odds to win the College Football Playoff Championship in … Read more
If one were to go strictly off the college football rankings, things would look gloomier for the Clemson Tigers as each week progressed. Despite remaining undefeated entering Week 8, Clemson was jumped in the AP Top 25 poll again. After … Read more